Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 1. Sort of.

I am determined to follow this through. Mostly. There are things that are easier to give up than others. Whilst I am ready to adhere to the regimen, there is one issue at play: I like coffee. I have been drinking coffee all my life, since childhood. As a child, I wanted to drink coffee like the grown-ups, and I never had a taste for milk alone. So mom would let me drink coffee with *lots* of milk. And sugar. So yeah, coffee with milk and sugar has been part of my daily routine since I was about three years old. I have tried drinking black coffee, replacing coffee with tea, giving up coffee ... alas, I keep on coming back to it. A few weeks ago I switched to Vanilla Soy milk, and it's been fine. It's just that for now, coffee with vanilla soy milk and sugar will remain as part of my morning ritual. Today was the *soft* start of the diet. It is a holiday weekend, and plans had already been made about tonight's dinner. Skipped the usual bread at breakfast, but we are having risotto with dinner. I also made myself a banana/orange/strawberry smoothie. It'll be a week until I can have one again. Already made the food plan for the week, shopping after dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Word to the wise: That lightened coffee thing will sabotage your efforts! What you're doing is causing a big old insulin spike when you absolutely do not want it. I've seen it trip up lots of people. Bite the bullet and find an alternative. Remember: *Don't drink your calories.*

    Try 5 capsules of Jarrow Green Tea Extract with a big glass of ice water when you first get up. That has a good hit of caffeine and spares you a crash.

    Or do like I do and just drink it black...

    ReplyDelete